Friday, August 9, 2013

REVIEW | ETUDE HOUSE SWEET RECIPE - DEAR MY JELLY LIPS-TALK

On today's blog post I am finally going to write my review on Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips-talk (I was planning to write a review about it a couple of months ago, but I forgot since I have finished it and put it somewhere).




DESCRIPTION
Click on the image to enlarge.

Basically, the description is written in the Korean language, but don't worry, Etude House has also provided a description for those who are not Korean-language-speakers: you can find a brief description on the lipstick's box.

English description (click on image to enlarge).

Korean description (click on image to enlarge).

As you can see, the box, made of cardboard, is super cute - it's decorated with jelly beans and pink stripes!


In this line of lipstick, there are 8 available shades and here they are:

And I'm going to write a review of the shade JPK002 - 시럽범벅 딸기 사탕 (Syrupy Strawberry Candy).



Another kawaii detail is that the tube has got a sort of "beaded ring" around the base and it's more or less similar to the lipstick's shade; and it is a sheer-colored lipstick. As you can see on the description, this shade's color is magenta and the one that I own is red-orange.
And the last, but not the least detail is this princess-like-heart-carriage with a little crown above it carved on the lipstick! If you're a die-hard-fan of kawaii things - you don't wanna use it and ruin it, don't you?



MY OPINION
The lipstick is not very pigmented due to its creamy and glossy texture, however it doesn't dry your lips so don't worry if you forgot to wear a lip balm underneath.
And when I wore it for the first time, one swipe was not enough to make the shade seen on my lips, I applied at least two swipes. The lipstick's tint doesn't stay long - and I have observed that once you drink or eat, you need to apply again on your lips.
The best thing of this lipstick is its scent and it's yummy (tastes like cherry) - you wanna taste it every time you wear it. And most of all, there's no shimmer on it (because I hate glitters on my lips), yet its glossy texture makes your lips shine.
This is how it looks when worn on (taken indoor):

Without flash.

With flash.

I'm sorry that I can't list down the ingredients of this lipstick as I always do, it's because I can't find it nowhere - neither on the box nor on the lipstick's bullet.


WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT TO A FRIEND?
Yes and no. Yes, if you would like a more natural effect and no, if you would like a more pigmented lipstick.


RATING


Have you ever tried this lipstick line from Etude House?



Disclosure statement.
This product was received from a giveaway as a prize hosted by Etude House. No money was given nor accepted for this review. This review is my personal opinion and experience of the product received.